Why I'm Different
Me versus other accounting professionals. What’s the difference?
What I do: “teach you how to fish” so you can run a stress-free, sustainable business
“Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.”
Think of me as a coach for your business finances.
By teaching you the art of accounting, I don’t just give you fish for one day – I help you catch fish so you can sustain your business for a lifetime.
What I don’t do: catch the fish for you
Most accounting professionals are happy to let you outsource your finances to them.
Great, right? Out of sight, out of mind.
- How does this help you understand your finances and make smarter business decisions?
- How does this make you a better entrepreneur?
- How will you manage your finances once you can no longer pay for their help?
Unlike most accounting professionals, I truly believe that anyone can master accounting.
I’m not just an expense that you pay every month: I’m one of the best investments you’ll make for the success of your business.
Who I'm For
We’re a perfect match if you’re:
- Achieving success in your art but can’t figure out how to run your business.
- Confused by numbers but don’t know where to start.
- Sick of the “starving artist” label.
- Tired of feeling frantic around tax season.
- Ready for change. You’re ready to learn how to manage your finances and are ready to work hard – you’re ready to become an accountable artist.
If you answered yes to any of the points above, let’s talk because The Accountable Artist will help you.
Who I'm Not For
- You’re looking to outsource your business finances.
My goal with The Accountable Artist is empowering you so that you don’t need to rely on outside people to handle your business finances. This requires work on your part, but it’s one of the best time investments you’ll ever make.
However, if you’re looking for someone to completely take your finances off your hands, I’m not your best bet.
- You need someone to file your taxes.
While I know a lot about taxes, I’m not a CPA and don’t provide tax filing services.The vast majority of my clients are surprised to learn that filing taxes is not as complicated as it might seem at first and that, thanks to software programs like TurboTax, a CPA is often not needed to do it.
However, if you’ve got a complex tax situation or want the security of working with a CPA, I can refer you to several excellent CPAs in Austin, Texas who have lots of experience working with creative entrepreneurs.
- You need someone to clean up your financial records.
Maybe you’ve already been in business for a while and have financial records that need to be cleaned up. While getting your financial house in order is an excellent goal, I’ve found that my clients benefit the most from getting a fresh start with their financial setup.
If you’ve got a special issue with your past financial records that you need to address before working with me, I’m happy to refer you to several bookkeeping services and CPAs that specialize in auditing and cleanup work.
- You want someone to help you with personal finances.
My focus with The Accountable Artist is in helping you understand business finances. Although there’s often overlap between our business and personal finances, my passion and expertise is in helping you with your business numbers. If you need additional support with personal finances I can refer you to pros in that field.